"Ministries arise from the needs of the community and are responded to by members of the community according to their generosity, their gifts and their restraints."
As a community we have these ministries so far:
"As new people feel the Holy Spirit is inviting us to new ministry they bring it to the community meeting after Eucharist."
- Communication director: answers calls and emails providing information about our community, writes articles for newspapers to speak about the need for women at the altar and in administration in the church, is the first contact between the public and the community.
- Lunch ministry: is to organize treats/fruit, prepare the coffee station and ensure newcomers get coffee.
- Membership coordinator: keeps the data base of names and contacts to send out newsletters, invites new members and guests to be on the membership list.
- Music ministry: prepares the music in relationship to the celebration, prepares and distributes song lyrics, plays music and leads the singing.
- Pink smoke ministry: gathers people to view the film "Pink Smoke Over the Vatican" and holds a discussion about woman priests.
- Prayer book ministry: prepares and then updates the prayer book with the prayers of the Eucharist and the hymns.
- Priestly ministries:
- Sacrament of the sick:
If you are able to get to our Eucharistic liturgy you may also ask for the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick, which will be administered during Mass.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation: If you wish to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation
and/or wish to do a 5th step, please contact Ruth, RCWP.
Eucharist:On the 1st, 2nd and 4th Sundays we celebrate the Eucharist in the Roman Catholic Tradition at 1:30pm followed by coffee and chat.
All are welcome. For further information please email Lori or phone Lori at 780 720 3444.
Please let us know if you are coming so we know how many chairs to set up.
- Baptism: Please make an appointment with one of the priests to arrange a meeting and the Baptism.
- Funerals: Please contact one of the priests to arrange for the funeral services.
- Spiritual Direction: Please contact Ruth or Lori for spiritual direction. Sliding fee applies.
- Sacrament of Marriage: Straight and GLBTIQ couples are both welcome. Ruth, RCWPis a licensed Alberta Marriage Commissioner. Please contact Ruth to set up a meeting and the Wedding Service.
- Ruth Wasylenko B.Ed., M.Div., M.Th.
- Readings prep: to date Christians do not have a bible where the language we use to refer to God is gender equivalent or non-sexist. So each week trained members amend upcoming readings to prepare them for proclamation at the Eucharist.
- Sacristy ministry: to launder and iron the Eucharistic cloths, keep Eucharistic supplies up to date.
- Set up ministry: members come ahead and stay after to set up the chairs, altar, and prayer books.
- Website ministry: works with communication director to setup and maintain the Emmaus community website.